So I’ve been free of the 9-5 flow for just over a week now, have I been treating it as a holiday, am I actually doing things? Do I know what I am actually doing?
- Consolidated my email into one cloud system and practising the inbox zero mantra.
- Established a base-line of objectives for GigOwl, I’ve a core platform diagram on my whiteboard and every’tin.
- Explored & researched the a possible pivot on GigOwl to give a better selling proposition.
- Registered as self employed.
- Opened my business bank account.
- Learnt how to give my old white Macbook a new lease of life with an SSD and how to reinstall without boot discs.
- Getting my teeth into CodeIgniter and the making use of the twitter bootstrap for GigOwl – live prototpying. CI looks to be a great framework for a rookie like me to pick up fast.
- Staying up till 5am – 7am a couple of nights, then sleeping in till 11 am, due to the above.
- Working on a freelance website due for launch end of month.
- Met up for a few good drinks with a few good people.
- Got myself a new mobile phone number, still waiting on apple to unlock the iPhone before that becomes useful…
- Consumed over 22 litres of sparking water!
- Setup client invoicing.
- Started work on validating another idea (not very tech)
- Researched more GigOwl competitors
- Started work on GigOwl’s blog!
- Did more exercise than the week before when I worked 9-5.
Didn’t manage to do
- More validation
- More prototype
- More meetings with collaborators